ISA 2004 has not yet reported> WSUS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Need help in determining a solution to allow ISA 2004 Std to report status to WSUS 3.0.

PLEASE HELP, thanks in advanced!

Friday, February 8, 2008 1:24 AM

Answers

• allthough I am strong supporter for procedures and guides, if MS will make a guide for every nonsense, there won't be an end to it.

setting up a rule for the ISA server to update with WSUS should be:

1. Create Access Rule

2. From: Local host

3. To: WSUS IP Address (or dns, just make sure you have resolving).

4. Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS

5. Authentication: All users (this must be anonymous since WUAUAgent is accessing this channel anonymously).

some other things to check:

1. check for the WU configruation on the ISA (if it is outside of the domain and must be configured manualy via gpedit.msc)

2. check for WUAU Agent updates (try updating it once against windows update and that should cover it).

that should cover it.

if you need further assitance with this issue, feel free to post a message :-)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:04 PM

All replies

• If ISA is being used as a firewall (probaby is) then you need to setup a rule to configure the Local system acces to the wsus server

Friday, February 8, 2008 4:56 AM
  • Correct, Doesn't MS have a detailed procedure?  Ports, authentication, best practice??  I'm quite surprised considering the increasing WSUS install base on LAN's that MS has not streamlined this communication.

I

Friday, February 8, 2008 8:38 PM
  • allthough I am strong supporter for procedures and guides, if MS will make a guide for every nonsense, there won't be an end to it.

setting up a rule for the ISA server to update with WSUS should be:

1. Create Access Rule

2. From: Local host

3. To: WSUS IP Address (or dns, just make sure you have resolving).

4. Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS

5. Authentication: All users (this must be anonymous since WUAUAgent is accessing this channel anonymously).

some other things to check:

1. check for the WU configruation on the ISA (if it is outside of the domain and must be configured manualy via gpedit.msc)

2. check for WUAU Agent updates (try updating it once against windows update and that should cover it).

that should cover it.

if you need further assitance with this issue, feel free to post a message :-)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:04 PM