none
Failed to map guest I/O buffer for write access with status 0xC0000044. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In our environment we have a Windows 10 virtual machine which resides on server 2019 hyper-v server.
    We are taking backup of this virtual machine through DPM server which is also installed on a virtual machine.

An error is logging constantly on hyper-v server which is as below..

Failed to map guest I/O buffer for write access with status 0xC0000044. Device name = E:\Hyper-V\Win10-06\Virtual Hard Disks\Win10-06.vhdx

I'm unable to find a satisfying answer for this error.

Is there anyone who can help us regarding this issue?

Thanks.   
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>We are taking backup of this virtual machine through DPM server which is also installed on a virtual machine.

Does this error message occurred during your backup process? If so, i suggest you discuss with DPM experts over here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?category=dpm

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:07 AM
  • Hello Daniel,

Sorry for the late response..
    This error does not occurs during backup process instead 10 to 20 minutes later when the backup process finishes.

Thank you for the reply.

Kind Regards,
    Rajeev  
    Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:57 AM
  • Hi Rajeev,

I have noticed that you have post this question on Hyper-V forum again, if you have already post the thread on the DPM forum, please discuss with DPM's experts over here.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Monday, March 2, 2020 1:56 AM