Asp.net application hosted inside SharePoint environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a asp.net website deployed inside _vit_bin folder of SharePoint 2007.

It works normally good. I want to access the website with different URL. So I added host entry in IIS. It works good in my local VM but in production I was running with issue

Server Error in '/_vti_bin/Enfatico/UserManagement' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
      Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SqlSessionStateResolver.System.Web.IPartitionResolver.ResolvePartition(Object key) +135
      System.Web.PartitionManager.GetPartition(IPartitionResolver partitionResolver, String id) +853
      System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.GetConnection(String id, Boolean& usePooling) +68
      System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.SetAndReleaseItemExclusive(HttpContext context, String id, SessionStateStoreData item, Object lockId, Boolean newItem) +207
      System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +775
      System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
      System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

I google the error, some suggest to add following entry to web.config

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" partitionResolverType="" sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="true" timeout="20"/>

After adding this, crashing issue resolved.

The new problem is some extra weired string appending in url

Original URL: https://um.com/_vti_bin/company/um/newuserstep1.aspx

Current URL: https://um.com/_vti_bin/company/(some unexpected hasvalue)um/newuserstep1.aspx

Thanks

S.M. Rabiul Islam

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:46 AM not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 11:24 AM

Answers