none
Health Alert Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My fully patched 2012 R2 Essentials server no longer has functioning alerts unless I stop and restart the 'Windows Server Essentials Health Service'.

When opening the dashboard I receive the following message:

"Alert notifications are not available for Health Monitoring due to an error or anincomplete action, or a service has stopped working. If the problem persists, contact the person who administers your server."

Services are running, and I don't see any corresponding errors in the event viewer. Are there Essentials specific logs that might be helpful here?

Sunday, October 19, 2014 5:07 PM

Answers

• Here are the locations of the WS2012E logs...

Key Windows 2012 Essentials Log Files
    http://www.channelpronetwork.com/article/key_windows_2012_essentials_log_files

Merv Porter
    =========================

Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:19 PM
  • Hi tsull360,

Would you please let us know current situation of this issue? Did you find relevant log files which help us to go further analyze?

Just addition, please also refer to following and check something more.

1. Would you please let me confirm whether be able to generate a Health Report successfully (Dashboard-> HOME-> Health Report-> Generate a Health Report) when this issue occurred?
    2. Did you install any third-party application on the Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials? Please perform a clen boot and check if this issue still exists.
    3. Please open Task Scheduler and follow the path: Task Scheduler Library-> Microsoft-> Windows-> Windows Server Essentials, then check Alert Evaluations task if Status is Ready.
    4. Open Windows Server Essentials Health Service Properties, click Log On tab and check which account this service log on as. Meanwhile, please click Dependencies tab and check if all system components which this service depends on run as normal.

If any update, please feel free to let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:38 AM

All replies

• Find more info in Event logs.

Also look into Task Manager to task that have not been completed.

Regards

Milos

Sunday, October 19, 2014 7:41 PM
  • Task Manager? It doesn't show tasks that haven't completed.

I've looked at the common logs, however system, application and security aren't showing anything interesting. Alerts work fine for a few minutes  when the health service is recycled, but fails shortly thereafter.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 8:38 PM
  • Here are the locations of the WS2012E logs...

Key Windows 2012 Essentials Log Files
    http://www.channelpronetwork.com/article/key_windows_2012_essentials_log_files

Merv Porter
    =========================

Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:19 PM
  • Hi tsull360,

Would you please let us know current situation of this issue? Did you find relevant log files which help us to go further analyze?

Just addition, please also refer to following and check something more.

1. Would you please let me confirm whether be able to generate a Health Report successfully (Dashboard-> HOME-> Health Report-> Generate a Health Report) when this issue occurred?
    2. Did you install any third-party application on the Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials? Please perform a clen boot and check if this issue still exists.
    3. Please open Task Scheduler and follow the path: Task Scheduler Library-> Microsoft-> Windows-> Windows Server Essentials, then check Alert Evaluations task if Status is Ready.
    4. Open Windows Server Essentials Health Service Properties, click Log On tab and check which account this service log on as. Meanwhile, please click Dependencies tab and check if all system components which this service depends on run as normal.

If any update, please feel free to let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:38 AM
  • I've been having the same Issue did everything as you suggested but don't see any issues. I do have Drive Bender installed but have had that installed since the initial installation. Looked thru logs I get this repeatedly

[24252] 150713.202359.1822: TaskManagement: Can't find C:\Windows\System32\Essentials\HealthConnectivityConfigCosts.xml, there will be no progress bar!

I don't see anything else that stands out.

Ches

Sunday, November 22, 2015 2:45 PM
  • 1: Run the services

2: run the Windows Server Essentials Health Service and Windows Server Essentials Management Service.

Done

Monday, June 17, 2019 3:48 AM