Windows Server 2012 Patch Updates offline RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

Greetings for the day!

I have 7 servers i.e Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition. Post Jan-2015 on these servers no windows update has been carried as these server is not having internet access.

Now, I have to update all the missing windows patch post Jan-2015,  but I will have to download this patch offline on one of the computer (with internet access) then copy it to these server and update.

Could you suggest the way I would get a cumulative patch bundle and update it on these servers. Or any other way out to update the patches on these server. I will be a tedious job to get Internet access d from our cooperate IT team.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Paresh Jain

You had this question
    Related Content

Paresh Jain

Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:27 AM

Answers

• The easiest was would be to set up your own WSUS server.  that server could be connected to the internet to download the patches and also be connected to the network of the disconnected machines.  The disconnected machines can query the WSUS server for their patches.

WSUS is just another role available on Windows Server.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:11 PM

All replies

• The easiest was would be to set up your own WSUS server.  that server could be connected to the internet to download the patches and also be connected to the network of the disconnected machines.  The disconnected machines can query the WSUS server for their patches.

WSUS is just another role available on Windows Server.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

>>Could you suggest the way I would get a cumulative patch bundle and update it on these servers. Or any other way out to update the patches on these server. I will be a tedious job to get Internet access d from our cooperate IT team.

Here is the similar thread,and it gives some available solutions,follow this link for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/91319399-3391-4e68-a788-5498ee54360b/offline-update-windows-2012-server?forum=winservergen

tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:04 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:30 AM