none
Mapped drives keep disappearing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I recently migrated our file servers from our old Dell 2003 R2 boxes and all went well, server is running well and shares migrated with permissions. The issue I am having is the shared drives drop quite frequently. When we were using the 2003 server, we used a script than run using GP to update the clients PC to map the drives, in the new servers, we use the mapp drive GP. 

I deleted the old GP, creeated a new one to replace the old drives as there was a couple of adjustments to be made and set them as per the image.

I have ensured authenticated users and domain computers have read access along with domwin users, all other permissions are the default. I have also tried the action within the policy set as create, replace along with update but all give the same issue. I also ran GPResult /R and can see the users are running the GP at start up but the drives still disappear.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

Can the users access the shared folder corresponding to the location when the drive disappears?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 5:26 AM
  • Hi
    How are things going on your end? Please keep me posted on this issue. 
    If you have any further questions or concerns about this question, please let us know.
    I appreciate your time and efforts.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, June 8, 2020 5:51 AM