I can not change my browser back to where I had it. RRS feed

• Question

• My browser is messed up and I can not read mail from my teacher at NWACC  college in Bentonville<AR
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:03 PM Focus (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Monday, September 28, 2009 11:59 PM

Answers

• Hi deborahbennett,

Would you please clarify the following questions first?

1.    Where do you access your mailbox, Outlook Web Access or Web Mail? If it is Web Mail, what Web mail is in use, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or others?

2.    Is Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) your default web browser?

3.    What is the detailed symptom of the issue? If it is hard to describe, you may capture a screenshot of the symptom later.

4.    Can your classmates read these emails from the teacher normally?

Based on the current situation, I suggest we reset the IE8 settings to check the issue.

Reset IE settings & Disable add-ons

===============

Note: the following steps will remove all of installed add-ons and reset IE to default settings. We need to reinstall the add-ons after resetting.

1. Click "Start", type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) into “Search” bar and press "Enter" to open the “Internet Options” window.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab.

3. Click "Reset…" to reset Internet Explorer settings.

4. Check "Delete personal settings" box and click "Reset" to confirm the operation.

5. Click "Close" when the resetting process is complete.

6. Switch to “Programs” tab and click “Manage add-ons”. Disable all the add-ons manually.

7. Close the Internet Explorer window and restart IE to check the issue.

If we still cannot read email via Web Mail, you may also add the website address to the trusted sites list to check the issue.

Add to Trusted sites

===============

1. Click the “Start” button, type “inetcpl.cpl” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and then press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the “Security” tab, click "Trusted sites" and then click "Sites".

3. Type the URL of the site (such as http://www.microsoft.com) in the "Add this Web site to the zone" box and click “Add

4. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" box and click “Close”.

If it will not work, please send us the screenshot to clarify the symptom.

How to capture a screenshot

===============

1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please send this saved JPEG file to us via SkyDrive and provide us the link.

Good Luck!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,
      I hope you r using Internet Explorer( Above 6.0 version). Go to Tools->Internet options. It will invoke Internet Options dialog. Now go to Advanced Tab, and click on Reset button. It will restore your web browseer with default settings.

Hope this helps....
    Thanks & Regards Roopesh Reddy
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:16 AM
  • Hi deborahbennett,

Would you please clarify the following questions first?

1.    Where do you access your mailbox, Outlook Web Access or Web Mail? If it is Web Mail, what Web mail is in use, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or others?

2.    Is Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) your default web browser?

3.    What is the detailed symptom of the issue? If it is hard to describe, you may capture a screenshot of the symptom later.

4.    Can your classmates read these emails from the teacher normally?

Based on the current situation, I suggest we reset the IE8 settings to check the issue.

Reset IE settings & Disable add-ons

===============

Note: the following steps will remove all of installed add-ons and reset IE to default settings. We need to reinstall the add-ons after resetting.

1. Click "Start", type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) into “Search” bar and press "Enter" to open the “Internet Options” window.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab.

3. Click "Reset…" to reset Internet Explorer settings.

4. Check "Delete personal settings" box and click "Reset" to confirm the operation.

5. Click "Close" when the resetting process is complete.

6. Switch to “Programs” tab and click “Manage add-ons”. Disable all the add-ons manually.

7. Close the Internet Explorer window and restart IE to check the issue.

If we still cannot read email via Web Mail, you may also add the website address to the trusted sites list to check the issue.

Add to Trusted sites

===============

1. Click the “Start” button, type “inetcpl.cpl” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and then press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the “Security” tab, click "Trusted sites" and then click "Sites".

3. Type the URL of the site (such as http://www.microsoft.com) in the "Add this Web site to the zone" box and click “Add

4. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" box and click “Close”.

If it will not work, please send us the screenshot to clarify the symptom.

How to capture a screenshot

===============

1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please send this saved JPEG file to us via SkyDrive and provide us the link.

Good Luck!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:00 AM