ProClarity Issue with My Views RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm having an issue with My Views in ProClarity.  In ProClarity Standard I have a briefing book set up with slicers by Time, Customer, and a few other dimensions.  So for example, I have Customer A and Customer C in my slicers and I create a My View by filtering on Customer C and the view saves just fine.  Customer C is the second customer in my list, Customer A and then Customer C.  I then add Customer B as a new customer in my dimension.  When I process the dimension and then go back to My Views, the customer filter is now on Customer B instead of customer C.  It's setting itself on the second member in the list.  I've looked at the MDX before and after and the MDX is changing as well.  Before it is something like [Customer].&[2] and then after it's [Customer].&[3]. 

Can someone please help me?

Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:00 PM

All replies

• Could you please give this thread a read and let us know if you have more specific questions after going through it?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/2f2e8e0c-71ed-4e1d-a22b-e2dc7514e736/
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:56 PM
  • I read the other thread and it's a little different situation than what I'm describing, but it may also apply.  So what you're saying is that slicers are pinned to the position in the list and not a specific "member" from the dimension?  When I look at the MDX behind the view it shows the member id that I selected.  I would think that ProClarity would store the member id and not the position in the slicer list.

Can you please confirm this for me because this seems like a bug in the application.

Regards,
    Ron

Thursday, April 9, 2009 12:17 PM
  • That's correct.  I can understand your suggestion that this work differently, but we have been a very long way down this road with development and they have chosen not to change the design.  There are some architecture considerations in the application that require the slicer position and not the member (the specifics of which I have gratefully forgotten at this point), and also as I recall some usability issues that would occur should the usability issue you describe be removed.  In the end, I would recommend employing the solutions described in the thread above.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:11 AM