none
Status Updates Failing RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

Over the last few days 2 of our project plans have started having problems.  When a submitted timesheet is accepted by the Status Manager an error is thrown.  You only see it if you go into your Status Updates History, so no queue failure.

On closer inspection of the ULS log it's showing an Error due to a Timeout.  One of said plans was massive but could be easily cut down.  So we trimmed it down and the problem resolved itself.

The other plan is a live customer plan, which we can't cut down.  We can get through the issue by accepting only once update at a time, but this is really time consuming.

I was wondering if anyone had encountered something similar and had found a solution.

Many thanks

John.

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:49 PM

All replies

• Dear John,

Yes i had encountered this problem before, i think the issue is related to your environment specs and memory, i always  restart everything and the updates can go through.

i hope someone have a better solution than this.

Regards

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:56 AM
  • Hi, 

I used to face similar situation myself. But to cater this you need to check your SQL server Resources if it is supplied with ample cores and memory. Secondly, you need to optimize your Queue job for Project Server. 

Both will go hand in hand. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, December 6, 2015 7:49 AM