WIN386.swp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I have one customized HardDisk which have only WIN386.swp file. I want to customize more harddisk like this . But I don't know. How to do it.

Please Help me.

rohit chhawla

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Rohit,

What kind of hard disk is it? As far as I know, the win386.swp file is a system file that is used by the Windows environment for the virtual memory.

You will always have one as long as you have virtual memory turned on for your hard drive. So you might want to set the virtual memory for the hard disks:

• Right click "Computer", then "Properties">"Advanced system settings."
    • On the "Advanced" tab, under "Performance", click "Settings">"Advanced" tab>"Change" button

Please note that this is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office client. For your question, I would suggest you to post in the forum of Windows Client, where you can get more experienced responses:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=WinPreview2014%2Cw7itpro%2Cw8itpro%2Cwindowsvistaitpro%2Cwindowsxpitpro%2Cwindowsintune

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:48 AM