none
Skype for Business - Transfer to Voicemail - Skype for Business 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We have Skype for Business on premises and I'm having an issue with at least one user.  (he is the only one that I know of in about 100 users).    The issue is when transferring to Voicemail, there is about 1/3 of a second of music, about 1/3 of a second ring and then disconnects.   The same experienced happened when transferring to his extension until I removed him from the UM, and removed him as a Skype for Business user.   I added him back to both and the transfer to extension started working.   However, the transfer to voicemail fails.   All other users I have tested, 20 or more, transfer to voicemail works fine.

Suggestions?   What am I missing?

Thanks,

Kenny

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Kenny-ssa,

What operation do you do before this issue appearing?

Is there any error message popping up?

You could try to clear the client cache.

You can follow the steps as below:

1. Right click the Windows icon and open the Run bar

2. Type in: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Lync\ folder

3. Delete the sip profile folder.

4. Go into the Tracing folder, delete all files, but not the folders.

If still with no luck, please check if the event log has any error message.

Besides, try to update the client to the latest version if it is not.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:41 AM
  • Sharon, I deleted  the files per your notes. (slightly different place for Windows 10)

Unfortunately no luck.   We are, I think on the latest version.   16.7.4849.1000   32-bit.

I have included some additional information that may help someone provide additional comment.

Even though the transfer fails, (short music + short ring then disconnect ), the user does get a notification of  missed call.   I find that strange.

Also, this seems to only happen when transferring a call to voicemail.   Dialing the users voice directly from the skype client works perfectly.

Thanks for your comment.

Kenny

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:42 PM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

I found no solution for you up to now. I will do some discussion with my team. If there are some update, I will share with you as soon as possible.

If you have some updates, please sharing with us.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

Please check if there any different policies configured for the user from other accounts on Exchange and Lync.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:44 AM
  • I am not seeing any differences in policies or settings between this specific user and others.   While I do not see how this could be the problem, we use Polycom VVX601 phones  that are provisioned from a server.   I also know that user changes are stored there based on the phones MAC address.   When the user returns, I'm going to completely reset his phone to factory defaults and delete his configuration files.   We also use the software from Polycom that integrates Skype to the phone.   Perhaps there is some Polycom setting that keeps getting pushed to the user through this process.   I will update once this has happened and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your response!

Kenny

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:56 PM
  • No luck with resetting all the Polycom stuff.   I have found some interesting information in some of the logs using the "Skype for Business Server 2015 Logging tool".

A couple of notable issues:

1.  What I believe to be the date & time in the server is incorrect.   The date and time on the physical server seem ok, but note the following:   It is 11/4/2019 not 11/5/2019.   

TL_INFO(TF_COMPONENT) [servername\servernamessa-ph8-fe-1]4674.1208::11/05/2019-02:13:05.202.00096A78 (SIPStack,CISIPRequest::SetForked:SIPRequest.h(1538)) [1332971518]( 0000009D72A25C40 ) BranchNumber=1]

2.  When transferring a call to this specific account it appears the constructed sip line is incorrect.   Notice that the local-resource-path=v.    Typically the local-resource-path should = "voicemail".    

TO: <sip:problem.user@mydomain.com.com;opaque=app:voicemail;local-resource-path=v>

Does this help anyone point me in a direction to solve? 

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:32 AM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

The time is inconsistency. Perhaps, you should check the date and time on your server, including Skype for Business server and Polycom device.

If it is no help, I suggest you contact Polycom support for more details.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:16 AM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, November 11, 2019 8:21 AM
  • Sorry for delay, as I was out of town for a week.

UPDATE

The problem continues to exist with no real reason that we can figure out.     I am, and have used, "Skype for Busines sServer 2015, logging too, but I'm getting results that do not make sense to me at all.

First, I believe this to be the error.   Log file reports: local-resource-path=v."    it should read, "local-resource-path=voicemail".   Not sure why just the "V." is only on this user's account.   The other thing that we have noticed is the log reports things are happening 6 hours in the future.    I have verified that all three servers, Front end, edge, reverse proxy, all have the correct time settings and time zones correct.   I have no explanation of why log entry's post being 6 hours in the future.     Could the Logging tool jsut be wrong?

Is thre any other logging tool, or flags / components in the Skype for business server 2015 logging tool, that I should turn on and review to help pin point what the heck is  going on?

I can open a support case with MS if you think I need to in order to clear this up.  

Could this error have anything to do with certificates not being installed / updated correctly on the end users system?   I have not looked at that, but certs have caused strange issues in the past for me.

Thanks again!

Kenny

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:58 PM
  • One more comment as a reminder.

Dialing the users voicemail works fine.

Transfering a call to voicemail fails.

Monday, November 11, 2019 4:03 PM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

Check the certificate is a good idea and you can have a try.

I found an image about voicemail workflow for you reference as below.

Due to the limit resources of our forum, it is good to open a support case with Microsoft. It will provide your more effectively suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, November 22, 2019 7:38 AM