I deleted R2 CU3 - x64 client update from \\software library\packages\configuration manager updates. How do I get this back? RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted R2 CU3 - x64 client update from \\software library\packages\configuration manager updates. How do I get this back? It used to say 100% compliance.

Thanks

James A+, Network+, MCP

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is now way to restore or undelete a deleted package/program other than restore of the whole Primary Site and it feels a bit overkill in this scenario.
    Look at the x86 client update and create a package exaclty like that but change the source path to X64 instead and create a program and change the command line to x64 as well in the end, then you have a package to deploly.

The Compliance for that package can eb replaced with a colleciton based on client verions..

regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:14 PM
  • I don't understand your last statement. Can you clarify?

I recreated this package and clicked Update Distribution Points (we only have one) and it failed. Before it was deleted it was successful.

I got it back, but it now says failed unlike the x86 version. How do I fix this?

Thanks

James A+, Network+, MCP

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:41 PM
  • I also am now getting the error: Distribution Manager failed to access the source directory.... I actually had the package as a zip file and just had to reimport it. No permissions have changed... I even checked file and share permissions on the i386 folder and they match the x64 folder.

Thanks

James A+, Network+, MCP

Monday, January 26, 2015 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

Have you reviewed the log Distmgr.log on the Site system server?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 2, 2015 2:30 AM