no urlmon.dll = no explorer = no programs run in vista RRS feed

• Question

• Well i have discovered that if urlmon.dll the problem I am hin sice my urlmon.dll became corrupt no i can not do anything with vista. explorer does not work. i downloaded a new copy of it but regsvr32 does not work wotk out it either without it.  i can get firefox to run no prob. but everything else that  requires explorer does not work. i cant even get into  safe mode. i tried with the windows CD doing X drive but could not get to my C drive. HELP. I cant even install IE7 or anything else without it..HELP i Dont want to reinstall OS but it is looking that way..

P>S> URLMON in vista is the biggest flaw i have ever seen in a OS. without that dll all you have is a desktop sort off.  Microsoft needs to fix that before a virus comes out that delets that.
    Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:39 AM

All replies

• How did that file become corrupted?

As for the dependency, your suggestion that they "fix" this is silly. Do you know how many single files there are that Vista is dependent on, that it would cease to function without? Here's a few:

- Kernel32.dll
    - Shell32.dll
    - Lsass.exe
    - Csrss.exe
    - Winlogon.dll

If a file provides core functionality, how can you say it shouldn't be a dependency?
    Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:23 AM