Create virtual directory on deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Time for my daily question...lol

I have a WCF receive location that I want to deploy with my project.  I can export the application and import in a new server is successful, however nothing is created in IIS.  I read online that I might need to use BTSTask to add the virtual directories as a resource.  I did that but still no luck.

Not sure if this is related or not, but before the export I created a binding file (Dev, Test, Prod) and removed a few Send ports that I don't want to move with my app.  Then when running the Export wizard, at the "Select Resources" stage I uncheck Bindings->Global Parties.  I see that if I check this my import fails because the file locations of the send ports (that I left out of the binding files) don't exist on the server.

Basically I'm just confused...

1)  Can/should I create the virtual directories on the TEST server before Importing the BizTalk app (and what am I doing wrong)?

2)  Can I select only certain send ports to export with my project (or is it an all or nothing export).

Thanks in advance,

J

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• hi

You should also install your MSI file which will create virtual directories and install required DLLs to GAC, exporting it will create only recourses in Application 

1. You should not, MSI install will do it (just run it), then you can Import it to BizTalk

2. Yes
    You can export to MSI, also export binding which will create XML file which can be manually edited.

Check this link about import and install  

Please mark this as answer if it helps.
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
    BizTalk blog: http://www.EnterpriseApplicationsDevelopment.com/
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:09 PM

All replies

• hi

You should also install your MSI file which will create virtual directories and install required DLLs to GAC, exporting it will create only recourses in Application 

1. You should not, MSI install will do it (just run it), then you can Import it to BizTalk

2. Yes
    You can export to MSI, also export binding which will create XML file which can be manually edited.

Check this link about import and install  

Please mark this as answer if it helps.
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
    BizTalk blog: http://www.EnterpriseApplicationsDevelopment.com/
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:09 PM
  • Thanks for the reply's.  I think I know what the problem is but haven't tested this fully (I did with another application).  I deployed the app from VS, then created the WCF services in IIS through the WCF Publishing Wizard (and created the appropriate Receive Locations at that time).  Then I had an issue so I deleted the entire BizTalk app via the Adminstration console.  I then re-deployed the application and set-up my Receive Locations manually and just pointed them to the old services that I had deployed.

I believe if I delete the Receive Locations, then use the WCF Publishing Wizard again, then Export the .MSI I should be fine (at least that's what I did in another application and it worked).  I'm going to test this out tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

J

Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:56 AM