none
Project Server 2013 and SharePoint 2013 requirements RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Just reading through the Project Server 2013 requirements and see that it requires an enterprise edition of SharePoint.

"Project Server 2013 requires the Enterprise edition of SharePoint Server 2013".

I am just wondering if anyone can provide some "Technical" reasons why it can only run on an enterprise SharePoint installation (e.g. it requires feature x which is an enterprise feature").

Regards

Andy

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:01 AM

Answers

• A couple of reasons: PWA also contains a Business Intelligence centre site - this is an Enterprise feature. Excel Services is the default out of the box reporting technology - this is an Enterprise feature. Project Server 2010 also requires SP 2010 Enterprise. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think there is any technical reason behind it. It is just that features in the Enterprise version of SharePoint, Project Server 2013 needs to have all functionality avialable.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Ok, thanks, the question I am really asking then is 'why does it need to have all of the functionality available'?

It is quite a large cost to an organization to have to migrate from SharePoint standard edition to enterprise edition just to run a basic product.  One needs to be able to justify that cost, especially when compared to the 2010 Requirements.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:08 PM
  • A couple of reasons: PWA also contains a Business Intelligence centre site - this is an Enterprise feature. Excel Services is the default out of the box reporting technology - this is an Enterprise feature. Project Server 2010 also requires SP 2010 Enterprise. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:54 PM