Retention Policies and Recurring Appointments with notes RRS feed

• Question

• Recently a user ended a recurring event that held important notes. There were several of these appointments/events spread over about 6 months and when she ended the recurring series she lost the notes. We have a retention policy that at this time is set to delete every 6 years. Can we recover those notes? More importantly are notes in events or appointments stored in calendars protected by the retention policy? The policy is applied to all users in our domain. We use Outlook 2016 on domain computers. We do not have an onsite Exchange user we use Office 365 Exchange Online.

Thank you

Jhmblvd

Friday, December 28, 2018 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From Outlook client side, can the user still see the cancelled recurring meeting from the Deleted Items folder? If so, you can just drag the recurring meeting from Deleted Items folder to the user's Calendar on the navigation pane. This should be able to recover the recurring meeting with the personal notes.

If the cancelled meeting has been deleted from Deleted Items folder, please go to Deleted Items folder, under Home tab, click Recover Deleted Items from Server button. Sort the list by "Deleted On" column and check whether you can see the deleted recurring meeting from the list.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, December 31, 2018 2:08 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:06 AM
    Monday, December 31, 2018 2:08 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:06 AM