locked
Client installation fail with "Failed to send HTTP request. (Error at WinHttpSendRequest: 12029)" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    we have a SCCM 2012 installed in our IT department with two MP. I was pushing a client install on one client PC with Windows 8.1 on it and I get some errors that and I can't really  begin to fathom what they are.

    The installation process stops at the very beginning as you can from the ccmsetup.log:

    Checking the URL 'http://XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXX.XX:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab'    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) MapNLMCostDataToCCMCost() returning Cost 0x1    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) PROPFIND 'http://XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXX.XX:80/CCM_Client'    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Failed to send HTTP request. (Error at WinHttpSendRequest: 12029)    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Failed to check url http://XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXX.XX:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab. Error 0x80072efd    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Accessing the URL 'http://XXXXXXXXX.XXXXXXX.XX:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab' failed with 80072EFD    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Checking the URL 'http://YYYYYYYYY.YYYYYYY.YY:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab'    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) MapNLMCostDataToCCMCost() returning Cost 0x1    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) PROPFIND 'http://YYYYYYYYY.YYYYYYY.YY:80/CCM_Client'    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Failed to send HTTP request. (Error at WinHttpSendRequest: 12029)    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Failed to check url http://YYYYYYYYY.YYYYYYY.YY:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab. Error 0x80072efd    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Accessing the URL 'http://YYYYYYYYY.YYYYYYY.YY:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab' failed with 80072EFD    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0) Next retry in 10 minute(s)...    ccmsetup    08/08/2016 16:11:31    3760 (0x0EB0)

    The installation process stops at the very beginning and there is just and only the ccmsetup.log to check for errors…

    I checked both MP’s but they seem to work perfectly in fact at the same time I pushed others client installation process and all of them were successfull.

    Please help and thank you very much in advance.

    PS: if I paste the URL as written in the log in IE it starts the download!!




    • Edited by wetBTE Monday, August 8, 2016 4:43 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 2:17 PM

Answers

  • 0x80072efd = "A connection with the server could not be established" (this is the same error code as 12029).

    Unfortunately, the client doesn't know anything more about why the connection cannot be established.

    Have you tried manually entering the URL displayed in the log in a browser on the client?

    Given that this is happening fro multiple DPs, I'd say there is something blocking the tracking. This could be something on the client system itself or at the network layer -- there's no way to definitively know though.


    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys



    Monday, August 8, 2016 2:30 PM
  • What your browser is doing is not the same as what ccmsetup is doing.

    The browser uses 'GET' to fetch the URL, whereas ccmsetup is trying to do a 'PROPFIND'. Also, at this point, ccmsetup is not yet doing a direct download of ccmsetup.cab. Instead, it is first doing a PROPFIND on the CCM_Client folder.

    I suggest that you take a look at your switch/router logs. It could be that you have packet inspection rules that are preventing the client from successfully making a WEBDAV PROPFIND request.

    Also check the IIS logs and any security rules on your IIS.

    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 5:17 AM
  • Hi,

    Check this post for a posible solution - http://verbalprocessor.com/2008/06/18/mp-not-responding-to-http-requests-fixed/

    Regards, Regin Ravi

    Monday, August 8, 2016 2:29 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Check this post for a posible solution - http://verbalprocessor.com/2008/06/18/mp-not-responding-to-http-requests-fixed/

    Regards, Regin Ravi

    Monday, August 8, 2016 2:29 PM
  • 0x80072efd = "A connection with the server could not be established" (this is the same error code as 12029).

    Unfortunately, the client doesn't know anything more about why the connection cannot be established.

    Have you tried manually entering the URL displayed in the log in a browser on the client?

    Given that this is happening fro multiple DPs, I'd say there is something blocking the tracking. This could be something on the client system itself or at the network layer -- there's no way to definitively know though.


    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys



    Monday, August 8, 2016 2:30 PM
  • Thanks very much for the answers.

    Anyway I tested the connection to the MP with the URL including the port number that we set at 80 and it's going through perfectly and client push installation are doing fine on other devices. So.....

    Anyone else?

    Monday, August 8, 2016 4:51 PM
  • Yes. See my reply.

    Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

    Monday, August 8, 2016 5:22 PM
  • What your browser is doing is not the same as what ccmsetup is doing.

    The browser uses 'GET' to fetch the URL, whereas ccmsetup is trying to do a 'PROPFIND'. Also, at this point, ccmsetup is not yet doing a direct download of ccmsetup.cab. Instead, it is first doing a PROPFIND on the CCM_Client folder.

    I suggest that you take a look at your switch/router logs. It could be that you have packet inspection rules that are preventing the client from successfully making a WEBDAV PROPFIND request.

    Also check the IIS logs and any security rules on your IIS.

    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 5:17 AM