none
How can I add a custom field to the add a task page in PWA? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a custom field to capture Cap Type. Some of our team creates their own tasks in PWA. We want them to be able to classify if it is Capital or Expense on each task. I want to add this custom field type to the page so when they are inserting a new task for a project it requires them to choose. I researched and couldn't find a way to add it to the page, but I was able to add it to the timesheet view. However regardless of what you choose in the timesheet view it doesn't sync with the project schedule in PWA or Project Pro. It doesn't even show the data that has already been filled out in Project Pro in the timesheet view. Looking for a way to force them to enter the cap type every they create a new task from their timesheet.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

did you enable "Roll down, unless manually specified" for "Calculation for Assignment Rows"? This is necessary to enable resource to "specify manually", using tasks or timesheet page. Afterwards, you should be able to add it to any tasks (Manage Views - section My Work) or timesheet view (Manage Views - section Timesheet. Keep in mind, that any changes on timesheet views are only visible in timesheets created after modification.

Anyway, you will not see the values in PWA or Project Pro in any task yiew. If a resource entered a value, it is an assignment value. You can see them e.g. in Project Pro in view Task Usage.

If there is some kind of logic or you only allow one assignment per task, you could use a macro to get a kind of roll up of these values to task level. A pre for that: your field name may not contain any spaces.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:00 PM