How to grant regular user priviledges to change system time? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I've installed Windows SteadyState on user's computer (XP Pro, SP2) but sometimes user needs to change system time but doesn't have enough rights to do that. I granted user rights to change system time using ntrights.exe and access to notification area in SteadyState but still it's impossible to perform the operation.

Am I doing anything wrong or there is no other way to change time but logon as admin?

Monday, January 24, 2011 4:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

That’s by design. User cannot change system time with Windows SteadyState installed. Only administrator can change system time.

If you want the user change system time, you should turn off WDP, remove all restrictions of user, and remove the option “Lock profile to prevent the user from making permanent changes” in General Settings.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 31, 2011 2:00 AM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 6:49 AM

All replies

• Bumping up.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

That’s by design. User cannot change system time with Windows SteadyState installed. Only administrator can change system time.

If you want the user change system time, you should turn off WDP, remove all restrictions of user, and remove the option “Lock profile to prevent the user from making permanent changes” in General Settings.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, January 31, 2011 2:00 AM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 6:49 AM
  • Thanks for the info.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:04 AM