none
Approval Review page Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have Project Server 2010 with latest Cumulative updates and i am the administrator to it.

When we try to view the preview update of the task by clicking on the preview update it loads into a new page and we get "Access Denied" message in the page.

We tried to login with Admin account even then we get the same "Access Denied" message.

Please do help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Naveen V

Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This seems to be an issue with the security settings. Check your roles and check boxes under the authorization. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:45 AM
  • Hi Rehman,

Thank you for replying.

Security setting seems to be fine and even the System Account do not have access to the page.

Please do let us know under which security setting page does Preview Update page comes so we could check the same.

Thanks and regards

Naveen V

Naveen

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:18 AM
  • We also had this error shortly after implementing. This occurred during cleanup of the existing views - we wanted to remove unnecessary or redundant views to simplify the user choices. This was done by removing all of the security categories in the view settings. I found that by removing the already selected view in Approval Center/Approval Preview, the error was returned in the web part. Once the mistake is made there is no way to force the view back as the selected view, even by adding the security categories back to it. Below are instructions I sent out to have the users correct it for themselves. Another option could be to set up an admin as a delegate for all of the approvers and perform the steps manually. I do not know of there is a PowerShell command to assign default views. 

In short: Change the view to one in the drop down and re load the page. 

1.        Navigate to My Approvals(Approval Center)
    2.        Select any task(s) via checkbox
    3.        Click Preview Updates on the Ribbon. This opens in a new tab.
    4.        In Approval Preview, note there is no view populated in the Views selector.
    5.        Use the Views dropdown to select a named view.
    6.        Close the tab containing Approval Preview.
    7.        In the tab containing My Approvals click Preview Updates on the Ribbon.
    8.        Check that the error is gone and a view is populated in the table.

Good Luck

Nik

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:53 PM