drag'n'drop files might be finally change RRS feed

• General discussion

• We as admins have many support time helping users to find the right version of their files, as they keep draging and droping files and folders among volumes (local or shared). Tehy DO NOT realyze they are "copying" instead of "moving" (they do not know they have to "shift" drag/drop to move). I would desire a policy item (and the corresponding shell changes to support this new policy) for admins set wether drag/drop among volumes would need "shift" or not to move contents !
    Friday, July 7, 2006 11:51 PM

All replies

• Yeah...about that! Cool down dude! In Windows Vista Build 5456, when you drang 'n' drop files, you actually move them! So, get the new build (oops, too late now). Anyways, cool down, MS will release Vista with your fix that you've been waiting for.
    Friday, July 14, 2006 11:10 PM
  • Tks Jahed, and that would that be a manageable behavior (user profile option) so we could manage it through GPO? As we plan to upgrade users (not machines) in phases to new ways of working - read training, that would  be usefull. Well, in this issue (training new ways) I think GPO items to control any UI changed behaviors would be very good! Yes, would be some more dozens to the current thousands items, but if could be done...

Alas, does this applies to net folders too?

Just to know, I think I´m downloading new build next weeks as I was overloaded this month

Jahed, let me tell you I am very impressionated by your compromise in this project and communication/support at beta community, MS for much time lost this kind of careness!

Marcelo E.Sauaf
    MCT/MCSE

Saturday, July 15, 2006 3:17 PM
  • I don't work for MS, if that is wat you're sayin'. My brother works, so I get all the in-side news and sneak-peaks.
    Saturday, July 15, 2006 5:18 PM