none
Passing % Complete task from Subproject to master project RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering does any have any expertise on passing the % complete field data from a subproject to a master project in MS project 2010 ?

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:41 PM

Answers

• Well if you insert several projects into a Master and those projects have %Complete values on them and then you insert the % Complete field into the master project Gantt Chart view and then show the Project Summary task you will see that the data is 'rolled up' from the sub projects into the master projects % complete field.
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:53 PM

All replies

• Well if you insert several projects into a Master and those projects have %Complete values on them and then you insert the % Complete field into the master project Gantt Chart view and then show the Project Summary task you will see that the data is 'rolled up' from the sub projects into the master projects % complete field.
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Monday, November 14, 2011 5:53 PM
  • Brian I wonder if you have another solution for the same problem. I did what you explained and the %Complete is not rolled up form subprojects to the master project.

Monday, November 4, 2013 3:46 PM
  • When you open your Master Project, is the first line "Task 0" (i.e. the Project Summary Task)?

• Edited by Edward Hanna Monday, November 4, 2013 7:16 PM Remove signature
    Monday, November 4, 2013 7:16 PM