none
63 Windows based machine failed/Not Inventoried through MAP 9.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use MAP 9.0 to get the installed softwares list on Windows machines , i run the inventory through IP Subnet based but at the result i found that 63 machines are failed/not Inventoried. also I am unable to view installed softwares list per machine wise.

How can I view the installed softwares details as per machine?

how can i discover all the windows clients for the inventory through MAP? is any things need to done on all windows clients machines to get this inventoried through MAP.?

Shailendra Dev

Thursday, April 17, 2014 11:08 AM

Answers

• If MAP is unable to connect to a computer to inventory it, then it won't be able to know what is installed on that computer. I suggest you start with the Inventory Results report to see what failure types you are getting. You can generate that report by selecting the Environment scenario group and clicking on the Inventory Results tile. Once on the scenario detail page, click on generate report in the upper right. Reports are saved to the %My Documents%/MAP/{database name} directory which you can open from the view menu in MAP.

If you look at the “WMI Status” column in the report, you will see the different failure types that MAP encountered while trying to inventory the machine. The common failure types are listed in this TechNet Wiki article with explanations as to what they usually mean. For failures related to authentication, you can use WBEMTEST, which I’ve made a video tutorial on, to troubleshoot the connection faster. The instructions are found in this TechNet Wiki article.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:47 PM

All replies

• If MAP is unable to connect to a computer to inventory it, then it won't be able to know what is installed on that computer. I suggest you start with the Inventory Results report to see what failure types you are getting. You can generate that report by selecting the Environment scenario group and clicking on the Inventory Results tile. Once on the scenario detail page, click on generate report in the upper right. Reports are saved to the %My Documents%/MAP/{database name} directory which you can open from the view menu in MAP.

If you look at the “WMI Status” column in the report, you will see the different failure types that MAP encountered while trying to inventory the machine. The common failure types are listed in this TechNet Wiki article with explanations as to what they usually mean. For failures related to authentication, you can use WBEMTEST, which I’ve made a video tutorial on, to troubleshoot the connection faster. The instructions are found in this TechNet Wiki article.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:47 PM
  • Thanks Michael for your reply

Can you please suggest me, what are the Ports required for MAP Toolkit to communicate with machines and gather reports successfully ?

Shailendra Dev

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:52 PM
  • These Wiki articles describe what needs to be done to prepare the environment:

And the MAP Survival Guide has more good information.

Friday, May 16, 2014 12:45 AM
  • As far as I remember is port 135

Jose Chavez IT Manager

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:54 PM