none
Outlook procedure entry point enumcalendarinfoxx Jan 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• The update KB4462157 seems to be causing problems for Office 2010 on XP?

I removed it and it worked. 

Good luck

Hashim

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:56 AM

All replies

• Same here.  Even though KB4462157 was supposedly the fix to the bug in KB4461614, which I never did install, Excel (and Word) stop working with an unable to find EnumCalendarInfoExEx entry point error.

I uninstalled KB4462157 and Excel (and Word) launch again.

This has been happening all too frequently of late with Office 2010 patches.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:06 PM
  • Hi Hashim Pudiyapura,

It was reported that after updating Outlook 2010 to the November 2018 Public Update KB 4461529, Outlook crashes or closes suddenly on start up.  The issue only affects 64-bit installations of Outlook 2010. We can find more details in this official article.

Would you mind pasting detailed error here for further researching? Sorry that I don’t have Win XP environment to help test on my side.

Mentioned in the official article, to enable this improvement, you must install KB 4461579 together with this update. Do you install KB 4461579?

Besides, we can open the Event Viewer and look at the Application Log for any error events that are registered by Outlook or happened at the time that you tried to open Outlook.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:22 AM