none
VM Template default storage and default networking

Question

• How can I modify a template or the SCVMM settings to prefer one CSV over another for placement of disk and or vm. Also how do i default to a vlan. My hope is to be able to create a vm from a template and after hitting next, next.. we have a VM and Disks in a standard location. Currently we have 2 CSV's and 1 clustered file server. The file server shows up as the default location to place both the vm and the disks. 

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You should assign a Classification to the CSV, which you want to use it for default VM placement path.

Then, you should edit the VM template at location: Properties -> Hardware Configuration -> Bus configuration -> <virtual hard disk>, associate the VHDX with the correct Classification.

For the network setting, are you using the VM Network with logical switch, or just the standard switch?

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:57 AM
  • I had a classification after I assigned it, it work as described thank you.

VM Network with logical switch and 2 sites (vlans)

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 1:39 PM
  • Hello,

I'm not quite sure that you want to set the VLAN in which stage from the wizard.

As far as I know, there are two stages for setting the VLAN. One is "Configure Settings", and the other is "Select Networks".

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:00 AM