Powershell learning prerequisites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

Is it required to be learn .Net to get deep knowledge in powershell because Somebody recommended me to doing this so that I am getting confusion how it could be ?

Can anybody please suggest. Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:01 PM

Answers

• Take a good beginner's course in PowerShell.  Net is not a prerequisite for beginners.

Don't listen to anybody until you have finished and passed the beginners course.  It will save you a whole lot of confusion.

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by Hello_2018 Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hello_2018 Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:06 PM

All replies

• Take a good beginner's course in PowerShell.  Net is not a prerequisite for beginners.

Don't listen to anybody until you have finished and passed the beginners course.  It will save you a whole lot of confusion.

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by Hello_2018 Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hello_2018 Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Hi BikashBiswal,

>>Is it required to be learn .Net to get deep knowledge in powershell because Somebody recommended me to doing this so that I am getting confusion how it could be ?

If you have basic skills of programming , i suppose learning powershell would be more easier.

If you don't have, it doesn't matter. We could learn basic syntax from network or books, then trying to write some simple scripts as beginning.

For .netframework, in my humble opinion, i suppose we didn't need too much attention at the beginning.

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

• Edited by Hello_2018 Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:29 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 12:28 AM
  • Hi Andy,

I am not a starter, I know powershell basic tasks and I am getting confused while looking bigger scripts where .net frameworks are used. And that frameworks more and more required to be defined for new reports. Assume one small example for connecting to the remote SQL where we need to define new objects, I can understand and modify it after looking from internet but initial I do not have any idea what need to be defined for new object so that somebody suggested me to overcome this issue needs to learn .net.
    Any more suggestion please.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 11:31 PM
  • There is no "Learning .net" .  The Net framework is a set of OOP design standards and consists of subsystems of objects from all areas of Microsft and other companies technologies.  Consider that a major Microsoft competitor and the owner of Java, a major .net competitor, has fully endorsed .net and delivers a whole Oracle SQL toolbox I n .net called ODA for Oracle Data Access objects.

You cannot "learn" ,net.  You can learn OOP and how .net implements it and you can learn the subsystems.

Consider .net as a common dialect tat all systems and vendors can use to expose their services.  It eliminates a layer of complexity for the developer and enhances a products likelihood of being widely adopted.

Start by becoming proficient in PowerShell.  The rest will come as you learn.  There is no course you can take to learn .net if you are not a trained technical programmer and it is not necessary.

If you want to become better at Windows and all computing then  get a book on OOP and learn what it is.  That will get you started.  It is a pre-requisite for a technical understanding of .net.

I have been a .net programmer since the first beta in the late 1990s.  If you want to know what dotNet Framework is and why and how then read this short article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework

You will see that dotNet is an industry movement encompassing many companies and technologies.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, June 10, 2016 12:04 AM