Action tasks missing except Machine Policy & User Policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SCCM2012 is working perfectly except on one workstation. I have only two action tasks in the configuration manager and there is also no Appdiscover.log or Appenforce.log, I have tried running the client install again and have waited most of the day for any improvement but nothing. I have checked the LocationServices.log ClientLocation.log and few others and cant see anything that has been flagged as an error.

Any suggestions?

SCCM Deployment Technician

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Sounds like a client that's not assigned to the site, yet. Most cases that's a boundary issue. You also might want to check the ClientIDManagerStartup.log.

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

It could be that the client is still in provisioningmode as well after OSD, here is a post about it http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2012/10/23/support-tip-configmgr-2012-client-goes-to-provisioning-mode-after-running-the-ccmeval-task.aspx

How did you install the client? OS deployment or installed the client on an existing client?

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:42 AM
  • Hi couldn't see anything in the ClientIDManagerStartup.log that looked like an error. It has the site code showing under devices in config manager. It also has a heart beat, Policy requests etc. The OS was deployed a while back.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:52 AM
  • I've also observed workstations a very slow to pick up new deployments etc even running the action tasks manually nothing but other machine have no issue?

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:08 AM
  • Sounds like a client that's not assigned to the site, yet. Most cases that's a boundary issue.

I disagree. Clients can be assigned to a site without any site assignment boundary groups.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:12 AM
  • is the client Approved?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:03 AM
  • DNS issue on the client?

Cheers

Paul | sccmentor.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Stavbergen Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:18 PM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:20 AM
  • DNS issue on the client?

Cheers

Well done Paul!

That was a fun guessing game - :]

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:13 PM
  • Lol. My recent client had DNS issues last year. Saw this all the time.

Cheers

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:37 PM