Warm cache with Proclarity 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyway to up the cache lease time to 16 hours and provide a warm cache ?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Friday, July 25, 2008 8:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would suggest reading the portion of the Admin Guide that deals with the cache.  You should be able to find information regarding the lease time in there.  If you have more specific questions after looking at the admin guide, please let us know.

Regarding the warming of the cache, the answer is that yes, you can accomplish this, but it requires a custom application to do it, and there are some caveats.  I'll try to get a blog post up on it in the next few days, with a code sample.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:40 PM
  • Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:05 AM
  • Hello Ben,

This warmer doesn't appear to work.  I have tried it with my profile and the performance is the same as a cold cache.  Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:43 PM
  • I used it and checked the results with Perfstats.asp page. It looked like it was working. I got 94% cache hit ratio from getgo.

AT.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:57 PM
  • The best way to tell if the cache warmer is working is to look at the cache directory itself after the warmer runs.  Remove all files before it runs, run it, and then look to see if files have been added.  If so, the warmer is working correctly and the next step would be to determine if you are using those files when running a query and if not, why.

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:24 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for all the information.  Is there a way to get the cache to warm all roles? 

Thanks,

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Is there a way to hide the passwords in the cache warmer? 

Thanks,

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Cache hits are based in part on SSAS roles.  So, in order to warm the cache for all roles using the sample, you would need to run it with credentials for at least one member from each role.

Regarding password masking, the sample doesn't have that built in, but it could easily be added on the front end and could get as intricate as you would like, even to the point of making calls to Active Directory for user information.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:05 AM
  •  

Hi

Does the cache contain information like , number of users connected to ProClarity at that point in time ?

Is there a way of tracking the number of users logged into proclarity over a month ?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:24 AM
  • For usage information, you might want to reference this thread as a starting point.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3500008&SiteID=17

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:43 PM
  • thanks...very helpful indeed...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:59 AM
  • HI,

has anyone has the sample?
    it is not on the blog anymore...

Thanks!
    Ronen
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 12:40 PM
  • Hi All,
    I am using Proclarity 6.3 sp3. Does anyone know if it comes with  Perfstats.asp page? I am not able to locate it in my installation.

Thanks,
    suprety
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:51 PM