Lack of Fonts in POS Ready RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have installed the evaluation copy of POS Ready and executed my C# application without significant issue.  The only problem I found was that my applications preferred font "Arial Black" is not available with the install of POS Ready.

What is the proper method of updating the POS Ready Fonts?  I know that I could pull the font from my XP machine and place it on the POS machine, but I think there has to be an update I can add to fix this.

thanks all,

J
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers

• J,

POSReady provides a base set of fonts as opposed to the entire set which is available in the full version of Windows client in order to contribute to a reduced footprint.  If your application requires a font other than those that are included in the OS you may want to consider supplying them in your application installer to ensure they are on the system.  Please refer to the following site for additional information about the Arial Black font.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/family.aspx?FID=13

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Friday, September 25, 2009 7:33 PM

All replies

• There appears to be a number of fonts in POSReady, but for any font missing, you will have to add it manually.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:50 PM
  • J,

POSReady provides a base set of fonts as opposed to the entire set which is available in the full version of Windows client in order to contribute to a reduced footprint.  If your application requires a font other than those that are included in the OS you may want to consider supplying them in your application installer to ensure they are on the system.  Please refer to the following site for additional information about the Arial Black font.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/family.aspx?FID=13

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Friday, September 25, 2009 7:33 PM