Is there a quick way to add multiple files? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sequencing and need to add files.  The sequencer "Add Files" step looks like a one-at-a-time job.  It'll take me ages !  Is there a quick way ?

Cheers
    Zukie
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

the fastes way to do it is to simply copy them during "Monitoring" step. You can use Windows Explorer for this or (better) the command line or a small script. Simply copy the files to the desired destination.

The "Adding Files" step is especially useful if you have to replace files that are locked by the Sequencer's Operating System. Add Files overwrites the data in the Virtual File System but not on the Sequencer's physical file system.

If you'd need to replace more files and they are protected by the Operating System, you may try to copy them during a (simulated) Reboot Phase (not sure if this would work).

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, April 17, 2009 6:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by zukie Friday, April 17, 2009 11:11 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:23 PM

• The files I wanted to add were under the profile\local settings\ folder. These were missed by the original monitor because this folder was in the exclusion list.  The solution was to run the start over and run the monitor step again with the profile\local settings folder removed from the exclusion list - then the files I needed were captured.

Cheers
    Zukie
    Friday, April 17, 2009 11:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the fastes way to do it is to simply copy them during "Monitoring" step. You can use Windows Explorer for this or (better) the command line or a small script. Simply copy the files to the desired destination.

The "Adding Files" step is especially useful if you have to replace files that are locked by the Sequencer's Operating System. Add Files overwrites the data in the Virtual File System but not on the Sequencer's physical file system.

If you'd need to replace more files and they are protected by the Operating System, you may try to copy them during a (simulated) Reboot Phase (not sure if this would work).

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, April 17, 2009 6:12 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:23 PM

• The files I wanted to add were under the profile\local settings\ folder. These were missed by the original monitor because this folder was in the exclusion list.  The solution was to run the start over and run the monitor step again with the profile\local settings folder removed from the exclusion list - then the files I needed were captured.

Cheers
    Zukie
    Friday, April 17, 2009 11:10 PM