How do you resolve a Black screen with moving cursor in WIndows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• When I boot the computer and I get pass the message Resuming Window's it then boots to Black screen with moving cursor. I can't even boot to the Start up menu with the F2, nor change the way the PC boots with F11 option. Does anyone have an answer? 
    This is a 2 week old PC.
    Help please!
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:00 AM

Answers

• Hi tay1,

As you said "Resuming Windows", I assume that you encountered Black Screen while resuming the computer from hibernation, did you? In this situation, please shut down the computer and restart to press F8, select the Last Known Good Configuration to see how it works. If pressing F8 doesn't bring the start menu neither, regaring F2 and F11 weren't responded, this can be due to incompatible keyboard or outdated BIOS. Let's unplug the keyboard and plug another available one to test. It is recommended to contact manufacturer to check if any updated BIOS version is released as well.

Best Regards
    Dale
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, January 3, 2010 7:52 AM
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Does the this problem happen when you resume 
    computer from hibernation mode? This problem may be caused by the incompatible device drivers. Try to update the display card driver and to see if the issue persists.

Thomas77
    Monday, December 28, 2009 7:50 AM
  • Hi tay1,

As you said "Resuming Windows", I assume that you encountered Black Screen while resuming the computer from hibernation, did you? In this situation, please shut down the computer and restart to press F8, select the Last Known Good Configuration to see how it works. If pressing F8 doesn't bring the start menu neither, regaring F2 and F11 weren't responded, this can be due to incompatible keyboard or outdated BIOS. Let's unplug the keyboard and plug another available one to test. It is recommended to contact manufacturer to check if any updated BIOS version is released as well.

Best Regards
    Dale
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Sunday, January 3, 2010 7:52 AM
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:01 AM
  • Thanks this worked.
    Monday, January 4, 2010 4:09 AM