none
PCNS: how to work when MIM full-sync is running ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a question about PCNS and MIM.

I've read https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc720589(v=ws.10).aspx and found the following description.

In a PCNS-based solution, MIIS 2003 runs as a Remote Procedure Call (RPC) server that has been configured to listen for change notifications sent by PCNS. When MIIS 2003 receives a notification, it authenticates the source of the notification, and then initiates the password synchronization process on the MIIS 2003 server. The newly updated password is immediately propagated to the other connected data sources that you configured to participate in the password synchronization environment.

I understand that the updated password is immediately propagated to the target in normal condition. What I want to know whether it is true even when the full synchronization is executed. Or password propagation must wait for the end of the full-sync task ? Full-sync is normally long-time task, so if it must wait it, the negative impact for end user will happen. This is why I ask this question here.

Any comments or information are really appreciated.

Thanks,

Tadao

Friday, January 19, 2018 12:12 PM

Answers