Searching in Windows Explorer Problem in Windows 7 x64 RTM RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have found the following problem with the search in Windows Explorer in Windows 7 x64 RTM version.
    Please find below the problem as I recorded it:
    http://cid-08c3c9f52ecee13e.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/SearchProblem2.zip

I created a test.txt file in the following structure C:\Users\Yiannis\Desktop\A\B\C\D\E\F\test.txt

1. Problem 1
    When I am inside folder A and search for B then the search return all folders and the file because they have "B" in the path.
    When I search for "F" though, I get the same results as before, As you can see in Step 8 in the attached report,
    windows highlight only 2 of the results but it shows some other folders too. I don't know if this is wrong, but it may confuse in case there are a lot of results.

2. Problem 2
    When I drag one of the directories from the search window on to the desktop (e.x. directory "E") to make a shortcut to the directory,
    the results is a shortcut that leads not to the actual directory but to the search results I was looking at earlier.
    This is wrong IMHO.

What do you think?

Regards,

Yiannis
    Monday, August 17, 2009 12:28 AM

All replies

• something happened this AM and a MAJOR issue with WE appears to be fixed.
    I haven't had verification yet from others, but try ur issue to see if that does something different today.
    Friday, January 8, 2010 4:22 PM