none
PWA 2007: Progress field in the view "my assignments": I cant enter time in the days because appears locked RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am having the following trouble in Project Server 2007(any help is much appreciated):
    In the view "my assignments", where the persons report the time worked each day in the projects,
    some days of some projects appear locked and dont allow to enter any value and I have not
    realized if there is some special configuration on the server that allows to lock the days  of
    the field "progress" in "my assignments" view so that no one can report the times worked.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

seems that you do not force tracking method on server, so PMs can choose. So a project can have percent complete or Actual and Remaining Work as method.

Open your project, go to Collaboration (hopefully the correct translation, currently no English system available) - Collaboration Options.

I assume that in last section, option 1 or 2 is selected. Select option 3 and publish your project. Afterwards, users should be able to enter their time by day for this project.

To force PMs to use this method, go to Server Settings - Task Settings and Display. Select "Hours of work done per period" and check "Force project managers to use the progress reporting method specified above for all projects".

Does that work?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Dani918 Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:00 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

seems that you do not force tracking method on server, so PMs can choose. So a project can have percent complete or Actual and Remaining Work as method.

Open your project, go to Collaboration (hopefully the correct translation, currently no English system available) - Collaboration Options.

I assume that in last section, option 1 or 2 is selected. Select option 3 and publish your project. Afterwards, users should be able to enter their time by day for this project.

To force PMs to use this method, go to Server Settings - Task Settings and Display. Select "Hours of work done per period" and check "Force project managers to use the progress reporting method specified above for all projects".

Does that work?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

• Marked as answer by Dani918 Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:00 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:21 PM
  • Hi Dani918,

The feature "close tasks to update" prevent users from updating tasks in "my assignments". Basically the project manager selects the project and can select and close tasks. After publishing the changes, tasks are closed to update.

See below a couple of links:

• http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197604(v=office.12).aspx
    • http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-server-help/prevent-task-updating-HA010243520.aspx

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Hello!

In order to solve this issue we did what Barbara indicated above in the following
    order:

1.Changed the configuration of the server (because it had different values) following the route:

Server Settings->Task Settings and Display and then:
      a.Select "Hours of work done per period"
      b.checked "Force project managers to use the progress reporting method specified above for all projects".

2.After change the configuration of the server we published each project of PWA that had the tasks locked to enter values

3.Enter again to the view "my assignments"and select the "tasks" that belong to the projects that were locked after the projects they belong to were 100% published

4. You will see that the fields in "My Task", where the workday effort is reported every day are unlocked =)

Thank you very much!

• Edited by Dani918 Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:18 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:14 PM