Windows 7 Login Screen with Controlvault , not allowing me to change the password and its refreshing too fast RRS feed

• Question

• I am on Dell L attitude E6520 with Windows 7 32 Bit OS Service pack 1.

I am using control vault provided by Dell for Access protection and finger printing software.

And i am using option to use fingerprint or password.

My problem here is when i try to change the domain password at login screen ,before i completely enter the new password,the screen is being refreshed frequently and the new password is getting wiped off.

But when i decrease the refresh rate from 60HZ to 45Hz,the screen is not refreshing that much fast and i could be able to change the password.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I suggest you remove control vault and test the issue in normal model.                                

If you can change the password without any issue. I suggest to contact DELL to check this application compatibility issue.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, April 20, 2012 6:03 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please uninstall control vault and then change the Windows password to test the issue.

If it works, please contact DELL to update your chipset and Graphics drivers.

Hope it helps.

Friday, April 6, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Thanks Vincent,

But dell is not in a position to listen they say its OS and Profile issue.

I uninstalled Graphics drivers and re-installed it .

And in safe mode , if i i am not using control vault i am able to change the password with out any issues.

So dell is washing its hands and say its OS issue.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 4:54 AM
  • Hi,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

If you can change the password without any issue. I suggest to contact DELL to check this application compatibility issue.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Hope it helps.

Monday, April 9, 2012 7:44 AM
  • Hi,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, April 20, 2012 6:03 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 7:45 AM