none
NEED HELP PLEASE RRS feed

• Question

• MY FRIEND GAVE ME HIS OLD COMPUTER THAT WAS ORIGINALLY WINDOWS VISTA THAT HE UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10. 

AND WHEN HE GAVE ME IT HE MADE ME AN ACCOUNT AND THEN MADE ME THE ADMINISTRATOR BUT WHEN I GO TO RUN TROUBLESHOOTING OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT IT POPS UP A BOX ASKING ME IF I WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP TO CHANGE SETTINGS AND IT SAYS TO INPUT MY INFOMATION FOR A ADMIN ACCOUNT AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS THERE WITH MY NAME AND IT HAS ME PUT IN MY PASSWORD SO I DO AND IT SAYS I MUST BE SIGNED IN AS A ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT BUT I AM THE ONLY ACCOUNT ON HERE. I CANT GO INTO THE CONTROL PANLE AND CHANGE ACCOUNT SETTING TO MAKE SURE I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR BC IT ASK ME TO ALOOW PERMISSION TO ALLOW CHANGES BUT IT WONT ECEPT MY PASSWORD, I HAVE TRIED TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD BUT THAT DONT WORK EITHER. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAHS ON WHAT I CAN DO PLEASE HELP ME.

THANK YOU.

Friday, May 17, 2019 11:33 PM

All replies

• This question is probably in the wrong forum as it doesn't look like anything to do with Microsoft Authenticator App.

Anyway, Windows 10 does like to prompt for the user to confirm permission even when they are logged in as an administrator account. However, I have not experience it asking for my email and password for this.

I wonder if your friend has set you up to login using Microsoft account instead of local Windows account. I'd be interested to know what happens if you turn off internet before you log in, what would your computer say?

By 'turn of internet', I mean, maybe unplug the network cable from your computer, or turn off the modem.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:37 AM