How to use webcam in windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a dell inspiron 15 laptop and i installed windows 7 32bit.But i don't know how to open webcam.can someone tell me please :)
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:29 AM

All replies

• For questions about Dell hardware you need to go to the appropriate Dell Community Forum found @ http://en.community.dell.com/

Your question is a hardware specific question.  It is not a generic Windows 7 question and Dell has sole responsibility for support of their hardware.

Have you read your user manual?  Information on how to use specific features on a laptop are normally addressed in the user manual.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:16 AM
  • Hi,

Here is a guide from Dell official website for you:

Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software           

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=&l=&s=&docid=266612

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 18, 2014 12:36 PM
  • I bought a dell inspiron 15 laptop and i installed windows 7 32bit.But i don't know how to open webcam.can someone tell me please :)

dell is horrible at preventing users from upgrading windows, its so bad, I will never buy one of their machines

hp is somewhat less problematic, slightly

Corsair Carbide 300R with TX850V2
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 CFX/SLI
    AMD Phenom II 965 C3 Black Edition @ 4.0 GHz
    G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133 8 GB
    EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2 (GK104 Kepler)
    Asus PA238QR IPS LED HDMI DP 1080p
    ST2000DM001 & Windows 8.1 Professional x64
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 & Wacom Bamboo CHT470M

Place your rig specifics into your signature like I have, makes it 100x easier to understand!

Hardcore Games Legendary is the Only Way to Play!

Monday, August 18, 2014 1:32 PM