Iryna Kyryk - Gmail is not configuring in Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am Iryna Kyryk. I was configuring my gmail to outlook but it's giving a server error. I am 2-step verification method in my gmail. Is this a reason that my mail is not configuring. Please help!!

Thanks

Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Iryna,

What's the error description when you configure Gmail account in Outlook? And how did you setup the Gmail account in Outlook with 2-step verification method?

Generally, when you add a Google Account to Microsoft Outlook for the first time and use 2-Step Verification, we need to use the app Password for Outlook to setup Gmail account. Please follow:

Step 1: Create an App Password for Outlook

An App Password allows 2-Step Verification users to access their account from apps or devices that do not support verification codes or other verification methods.

1. Visit your App passwords page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account.
    2. At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
    3. Click Select device and choose the device you’re using.
    4. Click Generate.
    5. Follow the instructions to enter the App password (the 16 character code in the yellow bar) on your device.
    6. Click Done.

After you click done, you won’t see that App Password code again. Don't worry, you only use each password once. You can always generate a new App Password whenever you’re asked for one--even for a device or application you’ve authorized before.

Step 2: Add your App Password to Microsoft Outlook

If this is your first time configuring Microsoft Outlook, a dialogue box should pop up asking for your username and password. Instead of typing in your password for your Google Account, type in the App Password you generated in Step 1.

If you already have an account on Microsoft Outlook and you're adding another one, go to File>Info, and click Add Account. In the password field, enter your App Password. Click Next, and follow the steps to finish. Be patient, as the process might take a few minutes.

The information above is referred from:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 5:43 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?
    If my reply is helpful, please mark it as answer to close the thread. It will help other who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 28, 2017 10:36 AM
  • The only way is to export Gmail emails in PST file format. Once PST is generated opt. GAMMO Tool free utility by Google to import PST to G Suite.

Visit at ; http://www.osttopstapp.com/gmail-backup.html

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:09 AM