i have the windows vista RRS feed

• Question

• i have the windows vista.how ever i cant play newer games.i keep getting {my video card does not support

shader model 1.1}and my video card needs to be 2.0 i have all updates.and i also have 2.0 video card and

1.1 shader madel.and my games still want play and some want even download.

do i have to buy a new video card for my pc?

Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hello Mike,

Thanks for your post!

Please let me know the model of your video adapter and the games involved in this issue.

As I know, a few video card, for example some Intel products, will display the supportive games in the product page. If you can find such a page for your video adapter, please check the involved games in the list.

Besides, thanks for sharing, Sama. Merry Christmas to both of you!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:21 AM

All replies

• im guessing thats a DirectX10 issue
    windows vista runs DX10, and your videocard doesnt support it, so reinstall windows XP, or buy a new videocard

atleast, im guessing this is it, correct me if im wrong
    Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:16 PM
  • Hello Mike,

Thanks for your post!

Please let me know the model of your video adapter and the games involved in this issue.

As I know, a few video card, for example some Intel products, will display the supportive games in the product page. If you can find such a page for your video adapter, please check the involved games in the list.

Besides, thanks for sharing, Sama. Merry Christmas to both of you!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:21 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 1:37 AM