• I'm having this problem

Window #1:

Windows Explorer has stopped working.

Windows is searching for a solution.

Option: Cancel box

Window #2:

Windows Explorer is restarting.

Option: Cancel box

The Desktop closed, the Start Menu, Task Bar, Search Bar, System Tray and Gadgets all closed.  The system did not reboot, but the Desktop restarted.  This process repeated continuously and indefinitely.

I tried and did scans for viruses and malware , and it didn't fix anything

I don't have a system restore point

and its driving me crazy

any help please PLEASE !!!

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:27 AM Moved tp proper forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 4:02 AM

Answers

• Click Start\Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts and create a new user account in the Adminstrators type. any name and same password.

reboot and log-in to the new account. Problem gone? If yes, your user profile was corrupted.

If yes, transfer your data , copy and past. IE favorites, pics and mail and such to the new account. Use Windows explorer in the new account and navigate to the folders in the old, provide your old credentials to access the folder if needed.

Then go back to Start\Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts and delete the origianl account. Then, rename the new accoun to your name.

Create restore points, backups and occasionally a complete pc backup for future recovery options.

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, October 29, 2010 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:29 AM