none
"Something went wrong, please try again" forever RRS feed

• Question

• So I got a new Android phone and have been trying to get Microsoft Authenticator to work on it.

It prompts me to login, which I do, and prompts me to send a code to my phone or email, which I do. Then I get a message saying "Something went wrong, please try again" (or similar).

I restart the app/phone, and now when I try to add an account, I actually get my account on a list, and I'm not asked to reenter my password or 2FA code. But again, it hangs for a while then says "Something went wrong, please try again".

So, should I give up on Microsoft Authenticator app on Android and use other authenticator apps (Google's for example) or just rely upon email or text messages?

Friday, October 27, 2017 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi

Your account is Microsoft account(such as Hotmail Outlook) or Azure AD account?

What version of your Microsoft Authenticator App? If possible, I suggest you could install the latest version App and try to add your account.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 5:42 AM