Windows 7 Pictures Library for Personalization Themes RRS feed

• Question

• Previously when I selected Pictures Library to personalize the themes for the Wallpaper slideshow, it found all the pictures in my personal library.  I moved my pictures to a separate drive, but included that location in the Pictures Library.  Now when I do the personalization it does not find my own pictures as part of the library.  I moved the pictures folder from its default location to where my pictures are stored on a different partition and that somehow has removed them from the pictures library.  I don't know how to explain this better.  Is there somewhere "Pictures Library" has a pointer to the folders that it should include in the library for Personalization?  How do I go about changing this?
    Friday, October 30, 2009 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I performed a test as you described, I notice that Windows 7 needs a few time to index the files after changing location. Since the Search Index works when the computer is idled. I suggest you wait for a few minutes after changing the location to check the result.

If it does not work, I also suggest you try to rebuild the index after changing the location to check the issue.

What’s the result?

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I performed a test as you described, I notice that Windows 7 needs a few time to index the files after changing location. Since the Search Index works when the computer is idled. I suggest you wait for a few minutes after changing the location to check the result.

If it does not work, I also suggest you try to rebuild the index after changing the location to check the issue.

What’s the result?

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:55 AM
  • I tested this just now by right click on pictures drop down to properties. From there you can add and remove folders from this library. I added a test folder from another drive and it appeared instantly.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:22 AM