how do I create exclusions RRS feed

• Question

• Aaron Parker created a guide for sequencing Mozilla 7, I do not understand how to do the following: I have a vanilla Windows 7 virtual PC, with Seq 4.6 SP1 ready to go, but I do not understand how to do the following

Sequencer Configuration

Before Sequencing, add the following exclusions:

• %CSIDL_APPDATA%\Mozilla
    • %CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA%\Microsoft\RAC
    • \REGISTRY\USER\%SFT_SID%\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

If you are adding Adobe Flash Player to the package, add these exclusions as well:

• %CSIDL_APPDATA%\Adobe
    • %CSIDL_APPDATA%\Macromedia
    • %CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Installer

Duramaxster
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:04 PM

Answers

• Tools / Options / Exclusions, or use a Sequencer Template. This should be documented in the Sequencer help.

Also read this article on how exclusions work: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/just-how-do-exclusions-in-app-v-packages-work/

Twitter: @stealthpuppy

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Duramaxster Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:25 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Thank you so much for your time. At this point do I add this to the local computer directory while the sequencer is still open before I create the package or do I create and edit it? In other words where exactly and when am I adding these files below?   

• After installing Firefox, copyuser.jsto%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile
    • CopyuserChrome.cssto%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome

Again thanks

Paul

Duramaxster
    • Marked as answer by Duramaxster Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:43 PM

All replies

• Tools / Options / Exclusions, or use a Sequencer Template. This should be documented in the Sequencer help.

Also read this article on how exclusions work: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/just-how-do-exclusions-in-app-v-packages-work/

Twitter: @stealthpuppy

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Duramaxster Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:25 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Thank you so much for your time. At this point do I add this to the local computer directory while the sequencer is still open before I create the package or do I create and edit it? In other words where exactly and when am I adding these files below?   

• After installing Firefox, copyuser.jsto%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile
    • CopyuserChrome.cssto%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\profile\chrome

Again thanks

Paul

Duramaxster
    • Marked as answer by Duramaxster Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:43 PM