Windows Aero Flickers Off and On RRS feed

• Question

• So ever since about March 13th, my Aero has been flickering off and on really quickly on occasion.  Where you'll see the old Windows Basic skin for a milasecond, and it will go back to windows Aero.  It seems to refresh the screens theme though as it sometimes causes me to lose my click that I'm holding down.  It happens more frequently on things like Adobe's Photoshop and Illustrator, but it also happens on programs like Chrome and Internet Explorer.  

From further inspection through Microsoft's Fix It, it states that my graphics card cannot run Aero, yet I clearly have a computer WELL over the requirement to just run Aero and I AM running Aero with transparency perfectly fine.  just these flickering issues. I will note that both my computer, my old computer, and my friends computer all does the same thing.  

Of course though, this is what I have diagnosed over time.  I honestly am not sure whether or not Aero is directly the issue here or something along with it.  Either way factory reseting would be a way to fix it according to my manufacturer (or at least they assume it would), but I'd like to fix the issue without ruining everything I've installed onto my computer (especially when some programs I can't reinstall on without paying for them again).

I should mention also its just the title bar that flickers.  The task bar is fine.  It also refreshes the buttons in within the program sometimes.  Thus causing a SLIGHT lag.

Computer Specs:

GEForce GTX 670M

Intel Core i7-360QM CPU @ 2.30 Ghz (8 CPUs) ~2.3GHz

12288mb RAM (12 gigs)

Direct X11 

Pixel Shader 5.0

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please update your graphics card driver to the latest version. Sometimes a newer driver would address many issue of device.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, April 26, 2013 3:01 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:27 AM

All replies