none
Installer Issue of BHold Suite RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've installed the BHold suite and had some problems. Because of this, I wanted to make a repair installation over controlpanel: add remove software. The Installer comes up, but if I click on the next button, bothing happens. Only thing I can do is cancel.

If I try to make a change the installer stopps with following error:

Product: Microsoft BHOLD Suite - FIM Integration -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2324. The arguments are: 6, C:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\Database Files\dummy.txt,

is it a known issue?

Thx,

Akos

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Akos,

I have seen this in the past - to be able to reinstall/repair the BHOLD Suite you have to remove a key from the registry.

I am assuming you have only installed BHOLD Core, to be able to reinstall BHOLD Core you have to do a search in your registry for "Microsoft BHOLD Suite - Core".

This string will be found in a key called "ProductName".

Delete the entire hive containing this key, for me that was: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\E8F4CCC8F7AD5134C8725EA02F442352. After you have deleted this key you can start the installer again and install BHOLD Core again. You could use this for the other modules as well.

I advise you to perform these steps in a test or development environment and not in a production environment.

Greetings,

Remy

Remy de Vries - BHOLD Expert - Technical Consultant - Elephant Security

Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Hi Remy,

thank you for your answer. I've just installed a new vm and created a snapshot before I installed BHold just for sure. This is a good way, to get a clear installation.

Cheers,

Akos

Friday, August 31, 2012 10:55 AM