none
user account

Question

• I downloaded windows 10 on my desktop last night and I cannot find my user account only his account comes up and I am the adminstrator
    Monday, September 28, 2015 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hi vonnie,

Thanks for your post.

Based on my understanding, you mean your administrator missing and turns up another account in win 10, right?

If it is in this case, it may be related to your first setting during installation.

When you install Windows 10 anew on a PC or run it for the first time if it comes pre-installed with the computer, you create the first user account during that process.

This is the main account on the system and configured to be an administrator account by default, but it is not the only one that is created during that process.

Windows 10 creates two additional user accounts guest account and administrator account automatically which are both inactive by default.

You could try to enable with the command:

net user administrator /active:yes

You may refer to the thread discussed before.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3ceb8fa4-7914-4e0d-895b-0cbe8ce43edd/administrator-account-paradox-on-win-10?forum=win10itprogeneral

And for further assistance about windows 10, we also suggest you could post in Windows 10 Forum.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:29 AM