A program is trying to access email address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click deny and verify your antivirus information is up to date RRS feed

• Question

•  Is there an option to enable the allow access option to increase the time limit from 1 minute or 10 mins to 1 hour without compromising the security of Outlook  through group policy ? 
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This security warning appears when a program attempts to access your contact information in the Outlook Address Book. There is no option to increase the time limit as your required. However, in many cases, you can prevent these security warnings by installing antivirus software and making sure that it is updated regularly.

You can also change the Programmatic Access Security setting in Outlook to get rid of the security message. 

See the following article for more details:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/I-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-information-or-sending-email-on-my-behalf-86cc5ece-379e-45e3-b8eb-3fefba09946b

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 16, 2018 5:29 AM
  • Thank you for replying. I'm actually using a legitimate program which access outlook email address, hence the pop up. Is there a way to make an exception for that tool so that whenever we access a certain software,  the  pop up won't show up in Outlook notifications ? 

Friday, February 16, 2018 5:38 PM
  • still waiting for a reply
    Monday, February 19, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid there is no option available to make an exception of the security warning. You may consider to try my previous suggestion to install a antivirus software, thus your Outlook application will be protected from malware and you can get rid of the warning.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:30 AM