Security_Identifier help!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,
     I am doing this for my boyfriend, and i am not very computer smart.... He recently tried the new Window Blinds, and had to change his SID, Now there is no access on the computer... I can't go on the internet, I can't access any controls it tells me I don't have permission from the admin. Everything that was on the C drive is gone, all documents and everything. Even the desktop is changed, But what is really strange is that under user settings it tells me that there is no admin account and his account is set as guest. I tried to change it but it won't do anything, and also somehow another user account came out of nowhere and has a name/password that we never created!! And System Restore will not work either, it says no permission!!!
     Is there anyway around this without formatting the computer, anyway to have access to anything?? I tried to create a new account as admin and it won't let me put a name in!!! I put a random name in like Boo and it tells me i can't use any:/\[]":;|<>+=,?* I didn't even put anything like that in there!!!
    Monday, December 1, 2008 9:40 AM

Answers

• well this seems like a crazy problem can you boot into safe mode everything on your computer was lost if so boot from the install disc and reinstall this will take you to square 1 but as you said you lost all your stuff anyway so you have nothing else to lose but if you can boot into safe mode and use the built in admin account to reset passwords and manage user accounts then you may be able to gain acess that way or save everything you want to keep on a non system partition and then do a clean install

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:49 PM

All replies

• well this seems like a crazy problem can you boot into safe mode everything on your computer was lost if so boot from the install disc and reinstall this will take you to square 1 but as you said you lost all your stuff anyway so you have nothing else to lose but if you can boot into safe mode and use the built in admin account to reset passwords and manage user accounts then you may be able to gain acess that way or save everything you want to keep on a non system partition and then do a clean install

Monday, December 1, 2008 10:49 PM
  •  All we had to do was put in another harddrive and install Windows on it to get a new Admin account, tha worked fine, so now we have access to all the other info on the second drive!!! Thanx anyways though problem solved!!!!!
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 5:49 AM