none
EVault with DPM 2012? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

The solution is a backup appliance that has DPM 2010 built in to protect Microsoft workloads, and Evault to protect non-Microsoft workloads like Oracle.  I'm not aware of a DPM 2012 version of the product, but a call to Evault to get details would be the right way to go if the solution sounds appealing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The solution is a backup appliance that has DPM 2010 built in to protect Microsoft workloads, and Evault to protect non-Microsoft workloads like Oracle.  I'm not aware of a DPM 2012 version of the product, but a call to Evault to get details would be the right way to go if the solution sounds appealing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:34 PM
  • OK, I called Evault yesterday and unfortunately they don't support DPM 2012 at present, so I think I have to dump the Oracle data and protect it as flat files with DPM.

Amir

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:30 AM