none
How to: Select a Specific Timeline Displayed in Project Online when having multiple timelines within the Enterprise Project RRS feed

• Question

• Currently I have an Enterprise Project which has 6 custom timelines and I want to know how to select a specific timeline to be displayed on the Project specific SharePoint site.

I'll provide some background for you so you understand my issues... I have created a "template" project with 6 custom timelines. From that project I created multiple new projects - which they all have the 6 custom timelines. These projects are all stored in the Project Center. The problem I am having is I don't understand how to select a specific timeline to show on the project specific SharePoint site. They all seem to be displaying 1 of the 6 timelines (in no particular order). I was thinking maybe if I had edited a project and saved it while it was displaying a specific timeline it would display the last selected timeline on the SharePoint site, but it doesn't seem to be doing that.

Is there a way to select a specific timeline to display on the SharePoint site?  Also, is there a way for a user to cycle through the numerous timeline view on the project specific SharePoint site?

I await your help!! :)

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:35 PM

All replies

• Michelle_Sm --

I ran into this problem at the company where I used to work.  One of our PMs had created multiple Timeline views, and wanted a specific custom Timeline view to show up in the Project Site for that project.  I could not see any way to make that happen.  We had one of our SharePoint developers look into the issue, and he could not see any way to make this happen either.  So, I am thinking this is not possible to do.  But I would gladly welcome others in this forum to tell us the trick, if there is one!  :)  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:13 PM